My first Korean meal at a traditional Korean restaurant. The cup in the foreground is bamboo. I have no idea what most of the food was, but it was delicious.
My first kimchi experience. I actually liked it.
Another view from Monday morning. The islets in the lower left corner are famous as representing Busan.
A view from campus today.
Today I played baseball with some students while still in my dress clothes and took my first trip to Top Mart (blue building all the way to the right in the last picture). After getting directions from Andy, Ashley and I heading down the mountain on a steep road which we had driven up in a taxi earlier and marveled that the car had actually made it. Now we realized that the trip back up (with groceries!) was going to be an adventure. Both of us had backpacks, but as this was our first trip we needed many different items. The trip back up was quite the event. Andy had warned us to wear clothes we could sweat in, and he was right! As usual I tried to keep my normal fast walking pace, which does not bode well on hikes uphill which I keep forgetting. We finally made it after a few rests and a Korean man helping carry one of my bags for one of the last steep parts. I would've taken pictures of the road but it curves a bit and I was a bit preoccupied with trying to breathe.
3 comments:
I love that last shot. Stunning. Oh, and I have a blog now. Check it out on facebook.
Love it. love it. love it.
Gorgeous photos! I'm so glad that you are able to have this experience.
Post a Comment