Here's a picture of me with some of the English majors at the Kosin festival the other day. They were selling food as a fundraiser. I'm abut to eat what is essentially a fish hotdog (compressed and processed fish) with ketchup and mustard on top.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Vocabulary
Last night while eating delicious dongas, Andy asked Ashley and I what we liked most about teaching now that we've been here a few weeks. I thought about it and realized that I love explaining vocabulary to the students. I throw out as many synonyms as possible and then see them make the connections. At times it can be quite challenging to think of another word or phrase that will convey the same meaning. Other times it's fun to get creative. For instance, to explain what a flat tire was yesterday, I pretended to be driving and then went "whoosh" and threw down my right shoulder. They instantly understood and we all had a laugh. I'm typically able to interact with fewer students at a time while doing this as it's often when I'm walking around to different groups doing exercises. This allows our interaction to be more personal and (hopefully) meaningful. I really love it when they ask questions.
Here's a picture of me with some of the English majors at the Kosin festival the other day. They were selling food as a fundraiser. I'm abut to eat what is essentially a fish hotdog (compressed and processed fish) with ketchup and mustard on top.
Here's a picture of me with some of the English majors at the Kosin festival the other day. They were selling food as a fundraiser. I'm abut to eat what is essentially a fish hotdog (compressed and processed fish) with ketchup and mustard on top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How was the fish dog?
Oh how fun. And "dongas"!!! YUUUUM
Hani, dongas is one of my favorites. I think I like cheese dongas the best.
Beca, the fish was good, although they put too much mustard on it.
Dude there is this one place in Seoul super famous for their huge, yummy dongas. I mean, dongas is usually good anywhere, but this place was...beyond good.
Post a Comment