So my parents are out of the country for a week. This is all good except that they happened to leave me in charge of my two brothers during this time. I guess being unemployed didn't help my chances there...It's really not that big of a deal since they can both take care of themselves and all I have to do is remember to cook for them now and then. But today is July 4th. The last few years on this date my friends and I have gathered together at my buddy's house on the bay. We grill, do stupid things with fireworks and generally hang out. What am I supposed to with my brothers? I can't just leave them at home. So today I brought them along. I honestly didn't know what to expect. They know my friends, but there's obviously an age gap. Would they be bored? Would they start fighting and make me end the night early? I honestly didn't know how the mix would go for over 9 hours.
But today was really fun. We hit the beach, they played with the dogs, Nathanael played Halo for the first time, and of course the obligatory fireworks (almost all of which are illegal in Norfolk). The boys even provided some comic relief from time to time. The best part of it was that they really seemed to have a great time. Let's hope the rest of the week is this easy...
1 comment:
Way to be a considerate brother. I bet they appreciated hanging out with you guys. Happy (belated) Fourth of July!
Post a Comment