Monday, March 1, 2010

Nervous?

While talking with my sister the other day, she asked me a simple question about starting a new semester. "Are you nervous?" I quickly scoffed at the idea since this is my second time around. I mean, I was kind of scared those first times walking into the classroom, and it's probably true that I didn't hit any kind of stride until after midterms, but now? Come on! I'm a pro now.

Yet here I sit, before my first class of this new semester, and I'm not gonna lie, I've got a few butterflies in my stomach. I'm not nervous about the same stuff I was last semester really, since I know what to do and generally what to say. No, it's more that I'm teaching some new classes this semester, which means new water to sink or swim in, which is always a bit scary.

So Rebecca, you were right. But I think after this week, I'll be in a routine again.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like that "Rebecca you were right". . . has a nice ring to it! Hope it was awesome.

Hani said...

I think being nervous is a good thing. When I'm in a routine, I become numb to what I'm doing and lose the sight on how significant the activity is.
Hope you're enjoying your new class--I'm sure they'll like you right away.