It's almost been a month since break started and I still have roughly 6 more weeks till classes start up again. What a long break! Linda commented the other day how crazy our lives were compared to most of our friends and family. I mean, about this time in January people are either back at work or are soon heading back to school. At the time of her comment, all four of us Dordt grads were sitting around on a Wednesday afternoon playing a card game in Korea. Crazy! Life around a university when most of the students have gone can be quite dull though. Nothing too exciting happening here.
In less than 2 weeks we'll be heading to Cambodia and Vietnam for almost a month. I'm excited to visit new places and experience new cultures. There's so much that goes into that experience. New people, food, sights, sounds, smells, etc. One thing I know that we're all looking forward to is the warmth of Southeast Asia. Korea is a bit cold right now, and even though Busan isn't as cold as Seoul, it's still a bit frigid.
4 comments:
It is crazy how long of breaks you guys have over there! But what a great experience.
Yep! One of the perks of the job
Enjoy your break! Korean winter breaks are nice and long. Especially the college ones.
Cambodia and Vietnam. What a great experience!!
Would you like me to mail you some more card games? Or some of Fig's "hand helpers"? That can help ease the boredom!
Post a Comment