The smell of the ocean salt through the bus window. The kids giggling in Korean after one of them said "hello" to me and I responded. Having a class of 50 students break into pandemonium when I say one word in Korean. Wondering what I ate before I had rice almost every day. Playing baseball with my students. Having other students improvise my own personal cheer. Watching the Aussie vs. Kiwi rugby game televised from Japan. Fellowship with fellow teachers and their families. Shirts in English everywhere. The continual question of why I'm in Korea. Going to church with Kenyans. Not understanding a word in church besides the translated sermon. Being called professor or teacher. Having students bow to me. The colors changing on the mountain behind Kosin. Truly appreciating the view on a clear day after a week of haze over the harbor. Continually discussing what it means to live faithfully in all of life, especially living as a foreigner here. Being blessed in countless ways.
T.I.K...This is Korea. This is Kosin. I think I love it here.
3 comments:
This makes me want to teach in Korea more than ever. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself there.
Sometimes it's easy to gloss over or forget about the little things, but they're often what makes life so great.
You should! It's a great experience, and I like it more every day.
Man...T.I.K
Love it.
Post a Comment