Yesterday was the first time in my life that I didn't have Thanksgiving off. But with all the American (and those appreciative of American holidays) faculty, we decided to have a dinner. There's quite the spread of age in our family which made our meal feel that much more reminiscent of the feasts we've all had in our past. While there were some families present, most of us came from different families, yet we share a common bond here and we celebrated part of that last night. It struck me as being similar to our fellowship at the Lord's table presently, and perhaps a small preview of what it will be like in eternity.
Some of my adopted family and the turkey.

More delightful people.

Starting on the sides.

My plate including homemade bread (with real butter!), mashed potatoes, and turkey. I swear I had some vegetables too.

Last year when I visited my sister and brother-in-law at Thanksgiving, my niece was fascinated by my beard. The same is true for the daughters of my colleague.

She realized everyone was taking pictures and got shy. I was still laughing.

Happy Thanksgiving!!
2 comments:
Glad you had a fun Thanksgiving. Your pie looks really good, btw.
Out of consideration for your niece and her feelings I didn't show her these pictures. She would have never forgiven you (she's got quite the trap for a memory i.e. she still talks about the fireworks from the 4th of July and it's almost December)! Seriously though looks like you had a blast.
Post a Comment