For conversation homework, I require an hour of speaking and two hours of listening every week. The students then write up a brief summary of each activity. Reading the responses is quite entertaining at times.
"I went to go to the church for English chapel. It's so long and boring sermon."
"Lunch with ***** in the church. We talked about beautiful girls in Korea."
"we have lots of commons!"
"Sometime I listen to music. I like a beyonce. I like a plot in the song"
"there are pizza very delicious. I'm very excited" (talking about Pizza Hut)
"the story of this movie was really bored."
"I pitiable to him. and then I think he is beautiful man."
"So....we like Kosin university, very air clean, and many beautiful girls, and so on...."
"these days, very cold, and windy very strong. Professor!! dress warmly *heart*"
My students often make me laugh. Last week, I was talking to one of my juniors and he said, "I try to study hard, but my head is always thinking about girls." I'm not sure that excuse really holds up, but I appreciated the honesty.
6 comments:
Hahahahaha LOL
I mean, what else could you possibly do other than laughing huh? :D
How does that excuse NOT hold up?
Easy. I've been there, done that, and still managed to study hard. It was just perfect for this particular guy to say. He's pretty hilarious.
Two others from conversations:
"his face is in a slump...no, really he's a handsome guy."
"she fell into a hole. not like ninja turtle hole" (aka sewer)
Funny stuff! Thanks for sharing!
Having the cajones to clarify that the hole is, to be more specific, a ninja turtle hole... is pretty great. I would be super proud of that student.
I am pretty proud of that student. He's my assistant and he's pretty awesome. But alas, he's ditching me for a semester in Kenya
Post a Comment