First, my Dordt friend Lynda came to visit! Only for part of the weekend, but it was a lot of fun and it was great to see her. Hopefully she'll provide much needed firsthand knowledge of Vietnam for planning purposes as she was heading there after Korea. Anyways, we caught up and hung out around Busan. One place we visited was Busan Tower.
Lynda and I at the top of the tower. Not the best lighting, but it'll have to work. North end of Yeongdo (the island I live and work on) is to the right.
This week I've been giving midterms. I have my students come in and have a conversation with me. As these usually last 5-7 minutes and I'm teaching roughly 130 students this semester, this has taken some time. But I have about 4 more hours tomorrow and then I'm done for the week. It's been interesting to hear some of their opinions and stories. My favorite comment so far has to be, "Professor is very charming. Usually I can not understand English well, but I can understand by making contact with your eyes." I had a hard time not laughing at that one, especially when she ran out immediately thereafter.
3 comments:
Aaaaaah Linda!!!!
Gosh I'm so glad you are having such a wonderful time there. I took 5 non-Koreans to a Korean restaurant close to the school, and they all fell in love with the food. We're going back for lunch :)
excuse me. we need to talk. now.
What'd you have them try, Hani? I need to find a Korean place back home when I return so I can show everyone the food I eat, haha.
Post a Comment