Thursday, December 16, 2010

Home

I'm home.

Sujfan Stevens' Christmas music is playing, logs are crackling in the woodstove, snow is falling outside (in Virginia, what??), and I'm with all my brothers for the first time in 2 years.

In the last week before flying over here, I could barely contain my excitement at the prospect of being home for Christmas. Last year's Christmas in Korea was fun, but also strangely detached from what I thought Christmas should feel like...that's probably more of an emotional feeling, but so it goes. But the thought of being home with my family (all of my family!!!) for even a few days was marvelous. I caught myself smiling a few times during the various flights on Tuesday.

I'm still smiling now, and that smile's only going to get bigger once my sisters start arriving.

4 comments:

Sarah G. said...

I'm glad that your fam is all together! It's such a nice feeling, isn't it?

Rachel said...

Woot yeah! Can't wait to be home with all you guys. It's going to be epic (to borrow your phrasing). Love you!

Elijah Palmer said...

Well, they haven't all assembled just yet, but soon...very soon. Yeah, I'm pretty excited (to put it simply).

See you soon Rachel!

Rebecca said...

I think you should amend the post to say you're super excited your nieces are coming because you tolerate me but they are the icing! Lydia's had a bag of toys packed for weeks now so she's been ready!