Several signs that I've seen at national parks and other outdoor places seem to copy Smokey the Bear when warning about forest fires (mountain fires in Korea). But they don't stop there! Other signs include warnings of slippery surfaces and falling rocks among other things. I particularly like this sign as instead of trying to get out of the way, the big bear is content to try stopping the falling rocks with his one hand. All of this occurs while the little bear seems to be adopting the "duck and cover" method I was taught for tornado drills and our parents were taught for nuclear drills. I wonder how their actions will work out for them...maybe his Bavarian style hat will protect them both.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Several signs that I've seen at national parks and other outdoor places seem to copy Smokey the Bear when warning about forest fires (mountain fires in Korea). But they don't stop there! Other signs include warnings of slippery surfaces and falling rocks among other things. I particularly like this sign as instead of trying to get out of the way, the big bear is content to try stopping the falling rocks with his one hand. All of this occurs while the little bear seems to be adopting the "duck and cover" method I was taught for tornado drills and our parents were taught for nuclear drills. I wonder how their actions will work out for them...maybe his Bavarian style hat will protect them both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment