Sunday, April 11, 2010

Jinhae Cherry Blossom Festival

On Saturday I went with a few friends to Jinhae to see the cherry blossoms. Even though there are blossoms everywhere, this city is especially noted for them (originally the Japanese occupation forces planted them at the port there). It was a really fun day and a unique experience.

Close up.

The streets are lined with trees.

Combination of the sign and the street art...yep, I'm taking a picture.

These guys looked bored, so we decided to take a picture with them.

We saw some Korean style gangstas. They were driving convertibles and listening to Michael Jackson, and visiting a cherry festival...yeah.

Behind the branches in the middle is the famous "Romance Bridge." Apparently it was in a Korean drama, so it's famous now. There were so many people around this area.

I tried one of the typical Korean girl poses. Does it make me look cuter?

This guy was awesome. That's a radio hanging from his neck.

We got to tour a full scale replica of a turtle ship made famous by Admiral Yi defeating the Japanese in the 1500's.

Artsy shot of the day?

McDonald's delivery. And you thought that drive-thru was lazy!

4 comments:

Sarah G. said...

First of all, cherry blossoms are blooming here too! I think they are gorgeous.

Second, your photos are ALL artsy, not just the sofa one. Good work! :)

Third, looks like you had a fun time. Great Korean posing...heh.

glimmerofhope said...

Glad to see you're still sporting the History Department shirt. Very nice.

Rebecca said...

I just laughed at a bunch of those pics thanks for sharing. . .

Elijah Palmer said...

@Sarah G: Thanks! You better start working on your Korean poses...at least start with kimchi fingers.

@Sarah Roth: I'm still proud to represent.

@Rebecca: Glad I could brighten your day. Did you show Lydia?